Updated: Sep 5, 2020
I’m all for a mixed drink while lounging by the pool, but today I decided to get creative with fresh produce and whip up a mocktail of sorts. I only recently started liking watermelon and I love that this cooler has a prominent mint flavour which is super cooling during this heatwave!
What you'll need:
•4 cups of watermelon (cubbed and frozen)
•1/2 cup fresh lime juice
•1 tbsp sugar (white or coconut)
•Leaves from 1-2 sprigs of fresh mint
What you'll need to do:
1. Mix together lime juice and sugar until sugar dissolves.
2. Put frozen watermelon and lime juice mixture in blender and blend until smooth.
3. Add in as many ice cubes as you’d like and blend until it resembles a slushy consistency.
4. Add in mint leaves and pulse a few times until the mint leaves are incorporated. Start with less mint and taste before adding more.
5. Divide into glasses and top with soda water. Add a fresh cube of watermelon and a mint leaf for garnish.
How refreshing does this mocktail sound right about now?! 🍉