Updated: Sep 5, 2020
I haven’t baked muffins in ages. I’m more of a loaf kinda gal. But these #glutenfree #vegan banana fudge muffins are out of control and are currently taunting me from our overly stuffed freezer. I think I should take one for the team and just eat them all, right?!
What you'll need:
•2 medium ripe bananas
•1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed + 2.5 tbsp water)
•1 1/2 tsp baking soda
•1/2 cup coconut sugar
•3 tbsp maple syrup
•1/4 cup tahini
•1/4 tsp salt
•1/2 tsp vanilla
•2 tbsp avocado oil (or coconut oil)
•1/2 cup cocoa powder
•3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
•1 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 flour
•1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
What you'll need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a muffin tin.
2. Mix together the mashed bananas and flax egg and then add in baking soda, sugar, maple syrup, tahini, salt, vanilla and oil. Whisk to combine.
3. Add in cocoa powder, oats and the flour. Mix well.
4. If batter is too thick, add a little bit of water and mix.
5. Add chocolate chips and scoop batter into muffin tins. Top with extra chocolate chips if you’d like.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are springy.
Throw these muffins in your freezer and pull out for an easy, healthy snack!