Updated: Sep 5, 2020
I made this gluten-free granola for my Instagram community and it was a hit! Here’s the recipe for those of you who missed it. I love this granola because you can control the amount of sugar you’re putting in and a lot of the sweetness comes from the naturally sweet dried apricots. I top my yogurt with this granola or have handfuls of it as a snack!
What you'll need:
•4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
•1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
•1 tsp salt
•1/2 tsp cinnamon
•1/4 tsp ground ginger
•1/2 cup melted coconut oil (or olive oil)
•1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey)
•3/4 tsp vanilla
•1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
What you'll need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together all ingredients (except the apricots) in a large bowl until well combined.
3. Spread out granola on the parchment paper and bake on middle rack for about 20 minutes (stir the granola halfway through).
4. Remove from oven once the edges are golden. The granola will crisp up once it’s cooled.
5. Stir in the apricots. Store in a mason jar or freezer bag on the counter for a week or in the freezer for a few months.