Updated: Sep 5, 2020
Of all the things I’ve been baking lately, I realized I haven’t made cookies in a while. I peeked inside my fridge and saw a carton of fresh peaches and decided to incorporate them into a recipe. It turned out great! I’ve added Organika Health's Enhanced Collagen Powder to the batter for a little extra boost of protein in these cookies. For the month of July, use my code "COLLAGEN20" on their website for 20% off all collagen products!
What you'll need:
•1 cup instant oats
•3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 flour
•1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
•1/4 tsp nutmeg
•1 tsp baking powder
•1/4 tsp salt
•1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•1/4 cup pure maple syrup
•6 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
•2 tbsp Enhanced Collagen Powder (optional)
•1/2 cup diced peaches (dice very small)
What you'll need to do:
1. Add oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt to a large bowl. Whisk to incorporate.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together coconut oil, egg, vanilla, maple syrup, almond milk and collagen powder.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together until incorporated. Do not over mix.
4. Add in diced peaches and stir to combine.
5. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
6. In the meantime, preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet and lightly press down with a spatula. These cookies do not spread out in the oven so you can place them close together.
8. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges are firm and centre is still soft. Remove from oven and let cool on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Bookmark these recipe to come back to for when you come across fresh peaches in your local grocery store!