Updated: Sep 5, 2020
For once, I made a savoury snack today that HIT THE SPOT. I'm usually a chocolate-kinda-gal, but today I was craving something fried and salty. How unusual! Anyways, these fritters are packed with shredded sweet potato, quinoa and spinach and are very easy to make. Check out this easy, light version of a potato fritter!
What you'll need:
•1 cup cooked quinoa
•1 cup sweet potato (shredded)
•1 cup spinach (chopped)
•2 tbsp coconut oil
•1/4 cup white onion (diced)
•2 cloves garlic (minced)
•1/2 cup gluten free flour blend
•Salt & pepper (to taste)
•Optional topping: Greek or coconut yogurt
What you'll need to do:
1. Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and then the onion, sweet potato, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
2. Add chopped spinach and stir until slightly wilted. Set aside.
3. Whisk eggs in a large bowl and add the quinoa and sautéed veggies. Add in flour and mix together. Slowly add more flour until the mixture is moldable.
4. Heat a large pan (preferably cast iron) over medium heat and add more coconut oil for frying. Form fritters into small balls and place in pan. Using the back of a spatula, flatten the fritters into little pancakes. Cook for 4 minutes a side until browned and crispy. Do not crowd the pan.
5. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before adding yogurt topping. Enjoy!
Are you into this savoury snack? Let me know what you think below!