Updated: Sep 5, 2020
I’ve been really into fresh oranges lately...one, because they are super high in vitamin C and two, because of their gorgeous, springy colour 🍊
AND BOY AM I HAPPY WITH HOW THIS TURNED OUT 🥰
The orange flavour isn’t overpowering and the chocolate glaze is the perfect addition of sweetness. This loaf is #paleo & #glutenfree and DANGEROUSLY DELICIOUS. The almond and coconut flour creates a perfectly crunchy crust so really you don’t even need the chocolate glaze if you just want a plain citrusy slice 🍊
What you'll need:
•1 1/2 cups almond flour
•1/3 cup coconut flour
•1 tsp baking soda
•1/4 tsp salt
•1/4 cup melted coconut oil
•1/3 cup pure maple syrup
•1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
•Zest of 1 orange
•1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
•4 oz dark chocolate
What you'll need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well to combine. Pour batter into loaf pan and spread out evenly.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean and there is a brown crust on top of the loaf.
6. Allow loaf to cool and then melt the chocolate and spoon over the loaf. Garnish with extra orange zest.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen