Updated: Sep 5, 2020
It’s Sunday. It’s not a special occasion and it’s not anyone’s birthday. But I made a cake and it tastes like HEAVEN. I’d say it’s less of a cake and more of a giant crumbly oatmeal cookie, but who cares. It’s PERFECT 🍪
What you'll need:
For the cake:
•3/4 cup almond milk
•1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
•1 2/3 cups almond flour
•1 cup rolled oats
•1/2 cup corn starch (or tapioca flour)
•1/2 cup coconut sugar
•2 tsp baking powder
•1 tsp baking soda
•1/2 tsp salt
•1/2 tsp cinnamon
•1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
•2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water)
•1/2 cup DF chocolate chips
For the crumble:
•3/4 cup almond flour
•2 tbsp coconut flour
•1/4 tsp salt
•3 tbsp coconut oil
•1/2 cup rolled oats
•3 tbsp maple syrup
•1/4 cup DF chocolate chips
What you'll need to do:
1. Grease an 8 inch round pan and preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl, mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
3. In a separate small bowl, make flax eggs and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, corn starch, oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
5. Add melted coconut oil, flax eggs and almond milk mixture and mix until smooth.
6. Incorporate chocolate chips and pour batter into the greased pan.
7. Make the crumble in a separate bowl. Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, oats, salt, coconut oil and maple syrup. Add in chocolate chips.
8. Crumble the topping over the batter and bake for 45 minutes covering with tinfoil halfway through to prevent over browning.
9. Remove from oven and let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Kale Junkie.