Updated: Feb 23, 2021
This recipe is probably the most saved recipe on my entire blog. Except the first time I made it with peanut butter and this time you’ll notice it’s made with almond butter. Such a great swap!
What you'll need:
•1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
•1/2 cup natural almond butter
•1/3 cup pure maple syrup
•2 tsp pure vanilla extract
•1/2 tsp salt
•1/4 tsp baking powder
•1/4 tsp baking soda
•1/3 cup dairy-free or dark chocolate chips
What you'll need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a medium baking pan.
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor (except chocolate chips) and process until batter is smooth.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips and spread batter into greased baking pan.
4. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top and lightly press into batter.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden and cake tester comes out clean.
6. Cool on countertop for 20 minutes and then cool in fridge for another hour until cold to the touch. Cut into bars and store in fridge.
Bookmark this recipe for later baking!