Updated: Sep 5, 2020
Although I have more time than ever to experiment with “fancy” recipes, I find myself gravitating towards simpler recipes with fewer ingredients. It’s also proven to be a great way to reduce the number of times I have to go to the grocery store in search of ingredients. These cookies came out SO WELL and I’m really happy with the ultra soft, chewy texture. If you’re a banana fan, these ones are for you!
What you'll need:
•1 1/2 cups almond flour
•1/4 tsp baking soda
•1/8 tsp sea salt
•1/4 tsp cinnamon
•1 tbsp pure maple syrup
•3 small very ripe bananas (mashed)
•Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract & 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
What you'll need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined.
3. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment paper and flatten balls with the back of a fork. These cookies do not spread out so don’t worry about placing them close together.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cookies are set and golden brown.
5. Cool before storing in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Would you swap out your banana bread obsession with these easy banana cookies? 🍌🍪